Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Testing

 

     I'm aware that not very many people have actually heard of this series, and let me say, they are truly missing out. It's amazing in every way. The first 40 pages are really slow, and then it speeds up out of nowhere. I was in no way, ready for this speed shift.

     I can't wait to go and get Independent Study, which is probably going to be just as good. And you should go get The Testing. You won't regret it, unless you're basic. Don't be basic. Just...don't.

Anyways, so I looked online and found a quiz for The Testing to see if the quiz taker would pass. If you'd like to take it, here's the link: http://hmhbooks.com/thetestingtrilogy/test.html

1. Which is your style?
A) I do best on my own.
B) I like to work with a team.
C) I prefer working with a partner.
 
     I'm going to choose C. I like to have the comfort of being with someone, so that eliminates A, but too many people can drag you down.

2. I do best in:
A) Math and Science
B) Gym
C) English and History

     Obviously A for me. I'm okay at gym, but that'll have to pass. I hate English because it seems like a bunch of rules that I'll never learn, and History seems just like a bunch of dynasties. For some reason though, math and science click the easiest.

3. What qualifies you for The Testing?
A) My grades. I'm super smart.
B) My survival skills. I can take care of myself.
C) My cunning. Winning is all about strategy.

     I wouldn't last a day in the woods by myself. I can't hunt, set traps, or even build or find shelter. I'm really silly when it comes to strategy, so A it is.

4. When it comes to winning, you...
A) do your best, but nothing you'd feel wrong doing.
B) do anything it takes. Steal. Cheat. Lie. Whatever.
C) play dirty, but never get caught.

     I usually can't play dirty without feel so terrible later. I will do anything it takes...sometimes. When it comes to The Testing though, I wouldn't do anything like that, so once again, I choose A.

5. If you had to pick three items for a survival test, you'd choose...
A) food, warm clothes, and a map.
B) a gun, a machete, and matches.
C) a tent, a first-aid kit, and a water-purifying kit.

     You can't survive off weapons alone, so B is out. Remember, this is survival, so you're made to live off of the land. You might be surviving in a hot area, so the clothes are ignorant. C has the most reasonable choices

6. You're sleeping in the woods. Suddenly, a strange cry wakes you up. You...
A) follow the cry, ready to fight whoever made it.
B) bolt in the opposite direction of that sound.
C) lie quietly and wait to hear it again.

     I wouldn't dare fight them. They may be stronger than me. If it's a cry for help, I want to be there. If I heard it again, then I'd know if the problem was solved. So C.

7. You overhear some Testing candidates conspiring to eliminate a fellow candidate. You...
A) confront them and demand to join in. You'd rather be the enemy that be defeated by them.
B) do nothing. It' none of your business, but you'll watch your back from now on.
C) report them. You're all about fair play.

     The people running The Testing aren't going to do anything about one candidate eliminating another. I wouldn't want to join in, because then they may draw attention to myself, so I choose B.

My results: I would make it to the final exam

     "So you're not exactly clueless, and you know a thing or two about strategy and survival. Maybe you'll make it through the final exam. Maybe you'll get lost and die of starvation. Maybe you'll get in somebody's way. Watch out and remember that only the best candidates make it to the University, You'd better be one of them."

     That was fun! I also found a book trailer to get everyone even more excited about The Testing. The trailer is not much of an exaggeration of the book. Be sure to comment your quiz results!

No comments:

Post a Comment