Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Theatre Games!!!

    
Theatre started today and I am super excited! It's always so fun being around those I love. And these people aren't really people I see all the time, but wish I did. Sadly, I have no classes with them.

     Also, some of my favorite ninth graders came! It was a blast! #LivingItLarge .

     I wonder if you can even do hashtags on a blog? But I won't be that person who hashtags everything. #annoying #juststahhp #why #lol #2k14 #MountainDew #turnitup #hashtag . Ok I'll stop now.

     Anyways we play all these fun games. They're like warm-ups to get you relaxed, loosened up, and creative. These are more fun than...well...exercising. Unless you find exercising fun. Then you must have a problem.

     The first game we played (well I didn't play it, I had math team for the first portion of theatre) was this game where you have to pretend you had a ball, and you'd have to throw it. "Tyler, that sounds extremely lame. Who would want to play that?" It's not that boring people. He assigns a different size ball for a few minutes.
 
     So let's say you were assigned one of those super bounce balls. You would throw it extremely hard on the ground, and another person would try to catch it. Of course you would catch it while jumping, and it wouldn't be heavy at all.

     Now he gives you an imaginary exercise ball. This would be harder to throw and catch, so you have to pretend that it was heavy. It's more fun when you have the fear of not being selected for theatre because you lack creativity. After all, as Mr. Scott (our drama teacher) says, "drama is making something out of nothing."

     Next, we had to take the first letter "A" and start you phrase or sentence with "A." The next person would have to say something starting with "B" and "C" and so on. These phrases or sentences need to link with the last. Here's an example:

     "And in other news..."

     "Baseball is illegal!"

     "C'mon MLB, get your act together."

     "Don't blame them, it was probably all of those steroid using baseball players."

     "Every player uses them!"

     "Forget that. Let's go to the weather."

     "Groundhog's day is sure to be a downer for all spring lovers."

     "Heat is never going to come back."

     "Ice is staying sadly."

     "Just don't worry about it."

     "Knowing you come from Alaska, I thought you would say that."

     "Lesson to be learned: never invite Sarah Palin on the news broadcast."

     "Maybe if we hold the other Alaskans hostage, then she'll leave."

     "No, that's too easy. There's only about two other people up there."

     "Obviously, we need to force John McCain to run for president again."

     "Perhaps then she will... "

     "Questionably leave."

     "Right now though, we need to continue the broadcast."

     "Sorry, I don't feel like it."

     "That's the spirit!"

     "Ugh! This show is losing viewers by the minute. They want 'actual news.'"

     "Victory!"

     "What? Sophie, I thought you were on our side the whole time!"

     "Xylophone playing is so much cooler though. I wanted a segment on it but I couldn't get one!"

     "You only think of yourself Sophie!"

     "Zip it! We're back from commercial break!"

     Well that was fun to make! Try playing it with you friends. And if you don't have any, I'll be your friend. Anyways, then he called people up to say a phrase, but say it three different ways. So you could say "Is that mine?" in a disgusted way or say it in a hopeful way.

     Finally, he called two people to go up and do improv. He gave us a scenario and we had to act it out on the spot.

     He called my partner and me second. I was nervous, but guess who he chose as my partner? JOCI!!! Okay for those of you who don't know, Joci is like a sister to me and we do lots of things together. I was thrilled to do it with Joci. Everyone went oooooh because they knew we were best friends and they were excited to see what was going to happen.

     I had to cheat off of her on a test in the scenario. This is how it went down:

     I peered over to look on her desk where the answers were. She slides the answers away.

     "Hey, what'd you get for six?" I say.

     "Nothing." She responds back.

     "Oh please, you know you put something down." She hits me on the side of my head. I hit her back, gently of course. I'm a gentleman. She hits me once again, and I snatch her paper and begin to copy her answers.

     Mr. Scott ends the scene for us. He still had like 30 others kids to do this with. Joci was blushing and I may have been. This sounds like some love story, but honestly, it's not.

     I still have to audition, and I'm a little nervous. I shouldn't be, because I did the same thing last year. I will let everyone know if I make it or not. Ooooh I'm excited.

     That's going to wrap everything up. You got to see me use my fancy spelling of theater, so you should be happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment